Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mystery Writer

Watching old mysteries on the Internets (specifically, Ironside with Raymond Burr) has me thinking about how when I was a kid I always wanted to be a detective. I was always using deductive reasoning to figure things out--like where my missing sneaker was, or what my mom's motive was in showing up late to pick me up at school. There was always something heroic about the Columbo or Hawaii Five O detectives breaking down the most diabolical criminals. So I decided to do the next best thing--become a mystery writer.

My first mystery will start with a gruff detective--let's call him Jimmy Bombay--who breaks down murderers with his clever questioning and seemingly pointless stories. The master criminal will be a gentleman psychopath--maybe with a name like Nigel Chalmers, that sounds pretty diabolical--and of course there will be the angry commissioner who hates Bombay's unorthodox methods and high expense reports. Maybe I'll put a sneak preview on this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment