Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January--the Lousiest Month

There is hardly a less depressing time than the middle of January. We're in the dead of winter, when very little of the day has sunlight, and storms and threatened storms make any form of commute hazardous. No festive holidays are on the horizon until Easter (which I prefer to call "Poor Man's Xmas"), and no one has taken me up on my suggestion to make Martin Luther King Day a festive, joyous occasion for mirth and good food and decorations in the streets. On top of it all, everyone seems to be suffering colds.

Also, my friend's dad is going in for cancer surgery--though the surgery should be successful, this is hardly something to look forward to. Here's hoping all goes well! But yeah, January sucks.

Too cold, dark, long (31 days! Eek!), surgery, colds, no holidays. A good time to hibernate. Yep, the bears have the right idea.

Here's hoping for February! Ugh, I can't believe I'm looking forward to February.

No comments:

Post a Comment