Friday, August 7, 2009

Cesspools on the Hudson

I'm not a big fan of "identity politics"--the whole "hey we need to vote for this person because they have the same skin color as us" or "hey, it's time we had a Catholic on the Supreme Court" or "I have to vote for her, she's a woman" theme always seemed rather disturbingly tribal. After all, if someone's good at their job, shouldn't they be able to represent all their constituents? Besides, these are politicians we're talking about--they're going to suck no matter what they look like.

That said, I think it's a little odd that both of Wyoming's senators have Italian-sounding names (Mike Enzi and John Barrasso) while neither New York nor New Jersey has a single Italian American senator. Fuck you, New York and New Jersey! I'll come for your pizza, because I can't help myself, but fuck you otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment