Thursday, April 1, 2010

Beer Can Sculptures

Every now and again I feel as though my life needs some purpose--after all, it should be about more than drinking outdoors, repeating offensive jokes, and trying to find the worst movies ever made. And then, just when I feel like I have no mission in life, I find something like this. Finally, a chance to combine my love of creating and my appreciation for beer.

Up until now, beer cans and bottles were nuisances (when they were empty--when full, they were foul temptresses) which would require me to throw them away or move to the side of my table so that the waitstaff could discard them. But now I see them for what they truly are--art supplies!

It's times like this that I wish I had a nice studio space in which to do these projects. Because then, every time I'm polishing off a six pack, anyone complaining that it's poor form to attend the symphony with that much beer in my system will hear my simple retort--"it's not drinking, it's collecting art supplies. Now fetch me some trail mix."

No comments:

Post a Comment