Thursday, December 11, 2008

Possible Moves

The job search is a slow and often discouraging process, since more businesses are cutting back than hiring, and the holidays aren't the best time of year to be looking for work anyway. Still, hopefully there is something out there, and I can find it soon before my money runs out.

More likely the opportunities will be in major metropolitan areas (like NYC) or in the Sun Belt (like North Carolina, or Texas) so it's possible that this will be my last winter in Maine. But it also means I may have to sell my condo before long, and this isn't the best market for doing so. Had I known a year ago what I know now, I wouldn't have bought. Still, now is the time for figuring out what to do next.

Here's hoping that 2009 brings some bright prospects.

No comments:

Post a Comment