Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Back from Thanksgiving--it was quite the adventure. We headed down to Northern Connecticut on Thursday morn, making it in time for a feast at Erin's fambly's place, and overstuffed we headed on to NY in time for dessert with my own fambly. Unfortunately, I had a bit of a sore throat which prevented me from truly savoring the food and drink, but it was fun nevertheless. Friday we saw the old home videos which my dad had converted from 8mm to DVD, and there was a bit of spookiness when the camera focused on a blurry portrait of my aunt (who had died young). My father couldn't explain why that image was on the tape, so we had a bit of a ghost-camera thing going on. (Note to self--when I go, I'm going to haunt people in a helpful way, maybe to give them stock tips and warn them when their car oil is low).

Friday night we headed to NYC, met with Andy, Jer, Gwynn and the baby, who was quite cute and didn't cry much. Which is more than I can say for Gwynn's bad dog! The dog was of course barking constantly, but we didn't let that get in the way of our conversation. That's just how we are.

Stayed over at my sister's in Brooklyn, then headed into town Saturday morning, where we took Erin around the various neighborhoods of NYC, and Lou and Jer met with us as well. It was a relaxing Saturday afternoon, and we briefly saw Erica and her baby daddy, Aaron, before rushing uptown to meet the parents for dinner. We were 20 minutes late though, because the traffic was blocked up and the tourists were out in full force, looking in wonder at novel new things like sidewalks and glass. And taking pictures of each other, looking at sidewalks and glass. Is there anything worse than a tourist? Maybe a terrorist.

Dinner was very nice though, and we saw an off-Broadway show, before heading back to Westchester. Sadly, I suffered a pretty severe stomach ache which kept me up most of the night, though it was gone by morning. The sore throat was still there though.

On my birthday morning, my folks made us Eggs Benedict, and we hit the road at noon on Sunday after Thanksgiving. That is, the belly of the beast! Traffic was blocked up from NY to the end of the Mass pike, which meant a 5 hour trip became an 8 and a half hour trip. Ungodly! I was thoroughly exhausted by the time I made it home. At least it was a fun weekend though.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, Happy Belated Birthday Stranger!!! Maybe we can do a birthday blunch soon to celebrate the joy of being Sagittarius!
    We also need to talk writing ideas.

    ReplyDelete