Monday, March 5, 2012

One Year Anniversary

Today marks one year of marriage--and to celebrate my wife has taken stock of my lifestyle and said to herself "this guy needs to be able to make his own soda at home". So she got me a Sodastream (TM), this brilliant contraption that uses CO2 cannisters to carbonate regular old water, to which you can add syrups and other flavorings. Now, you might be thinking to yourself "why would I need to make my own soda? The store sells soda!" But then, when they invented indoor plumbing a lot of people probably thought to themselves "hey, I have a perfectly good hole in the back yard!" See, the Sodastream (TM) is sort of a life-altering appliance.

Picture it--now, instead of hauling big bottles of Coke from the store, I can just fire up my soda at home. Want less calories? No problem, just put in less syrup! Add fresh fruit if you're that sort of fancy pants, or even add chocolate or vanilla. Prefer your drink a bit fizzier than the suits at Pepsico think it should be? This is your way of sticking it to the man!

Let's pretend your boss is coming over for dinner and you're hoping to win the Brinkmeyer account and get that big promotion. And here he is saying "wow I could sure go for a soda, but not some ho-hum Sprite or Dr. Pepper. I need something a bit more real!" Well, pre-Sodastream (TM) you would have had to say "well tough turkey, boss man! I'm not a miracle worker!" But now, in the year of our Sodastream (TM) you can instead say "try this blackberry cola I just made, Hank! I can call you Hank, right?"

So I'm very excited with our new appliance, and it just goes to show that one year into our marriage my wife knows me quite well. Happy One Year, and here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment