Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Disaffected Scanner Jockey

Today is the birthday of the Disaffected Scanner Jockey, whose blog has been rolling for years and has inspired us all towards heroic acts. Well, not so much heroic as EPIC BEYOND ALL PROPORTION. By way of an example:

1) Before reading that blog, I used to think that the Internet was a giant net that spanned across international waters to catch speedboats.

2) Before reading that blog, I used to sit around staring at my browser's home page, not realizing that you can get other pages to come up by clicking on bits of text or icons that lit up when your mouse went over them. It greatly enhanced my electronic experiences.

3) Before reading that blog, I used to get actual work done while at work.

Here's hoping for a happy birthday for the DSJ, and some glorious weekend celebrations!

It is also my friend Allie's birthday, and she coincidentally just got engaged to my friend Jake--congratulations to you both!

4 comments:

  1. You left out the time I rescued you from rabid wolves! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan--I'm still trying to forget the trauma of what I had to do when in the company of those wolves. Therapy time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU STOLE MY ODE TO SHANNON POST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brett--nothing's stopping you from making that post!

    ReplyDelete