Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Road Warrirors

There are some morning commute issues that have forced me to invent a new word--"dilsh". (Dildo + douche) As you may know, my drive is short in terms of distance--about two or three miles--but still offers many opportunities for absolutely horrible drivers to test just how awake I am.

1) When you decide to pull in front of someone, at least speed up so they don't have to drastically reduce their own speed.

2) Your car has working signals for a reason. You're not trying to outwit me here--you're trying to warn me so I don't ram you.

3) You drive a bus full of people. It would be a good idea for you to not shoot across three lanes of oncoming traffic just assuming we're all doing less than 15 mph.

4) You, the guy driving the truck packed with sand and gardening equipment. Since you didn't think to put shock absorbers in your vehicle, it would be nice it you'd tie down a tarp over your load so anyone unlucky enough to be stuck behind you doesn't get bits of gravel and mulch tossed on them every time you hit a pothole.

I miss the days when I didn't have a car.

2 comments:

  1. This is a clear sign that you should be riding a bike to work. Better for your health and better for the health of the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beck--if you saw the roads I'm talking about, you'd see why no one is seriously considering biking that route!

    ReplyDelete