1) The expression "it takes one to know one" makes no sense--I'm not a fully loaded 1969 Dodge Charger but I know what one is.
2) When winning athletes claim that God was the cause of their victory, I sort of wonder if the losing team will ever say "hey, we had it in the bag until God stepped in and screwed us. We're going to go desecrate a church now."
3) One of the dumbest lines from any movie is in "Love Story" where they say "Love means never having to say you're sorry." Whoever wrote that line has clearly never been in any sort of relationship.
4) The expression "the best things come to those who wait" would make a lot of sense . . . if I was eagerly awaiting the rollout of 2010 models of VCRs.
5) "Slow and steady wins the race" does not apply to the 100 meter dash, or almost any other race involving short distances or time frames.
6) When you see a rattlesnake and someone says "it's more scared of you than you are of him" I'd have to beg to differ.
7) When gun advocates say "guns don't kill people, people kill people" this may be true, but guns definitely make it more cool-looking.
8) If I'm ever in an action movie and I'm walking down the street and there's a huge explosion behind me, even if I was expecting the explosion I'd turn back to look at it. I mean, I don't get to see a lot of explosions in my normal daily routine. Might look sort of cool.
How-to Publish a Range Statement
2 months ago