Things Conservatives Need to Understand
1) The solution to all economic problems can't just be "tax cuts". There's a lot more to what affects an economy and the people involved in it than their marginal tax rates.
2) Lenin, Stalin, and Mao were "socialists." They were evil and horrible human beings. Barack Obama may be fiscally reckless and very liberal (in the modern use of the term) but to call him a "socialist" is sort of disrespectful to the victims of actual socialists.
3) Even if you don't think homosexuality is "normal" there's really no coherent argument for why it's wrong and should be stopped.
4) If we knew in early 2003 what we learned over the past seven years, we wouldn't have gone into Iraq.
5) There are times when it's a bad idea for someone to be armed.
6) The free market may have been the best "anti-poverty program" in history, but there are situations where societal needs can only be filled by government intervention.
7) Just because someone (even a liberal!) disagrees with you, that doesn't make them stupid, or hateful towards this country or religion.
8) Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter are not helping your cause.
Things Liberals Need to Understand
1) There may be a time and situation in a responsible, law abiding person's life when they wish they had a handgun.
2) Tort reform may not be the panacea to our high health care cost problems, but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea.
3) Members of some racial groups tend to be disproportionately disadvantaged in this country. But race-based preferences are about as lazy and rotten a solution to these disadvantages.
4) Adolf Hitler was a Nazi, and Benito Mussolini was a Fascist. To call George Bush--who may have been an lousy President in many respects--a "Nazi" or "Fascist" is disrespectful towards the victims of those historical villains.
5) Just because someone disagrees with you (even a conservative!) doesn't make them evil, uncaring about the poor, or racist.
6) Michael Moore and Keith Olbermann are not helping your cause.
7) There's a point at which government spending can be so great that it collapses an economy, and there's only so much you can take from the rich before it hurts everyone else.